Dr Griffiths graduated from Sydney University with a Bachelor of Pharmacy and Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery with first class honours. He also graduated final year with the Harold Ritchie clinical medicine prize.
Matthews anaesthetic training was conducted at Prince of Wales and Sydney Children’s Hospital. During his training he spent a significant amount of time in critical care medicine culminating with training at NRMA Careflight performing emergency medical transfer of critically ill patients and medical rescue work.
Since graduating he has gained significant experience in a wide range of anaesthesia. His special interests include:
- Plastic and Reconstructive surgery
- Oncology and cancer surgery
- Neurovascular and Endovascular surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Ear Nose and Throat surgery
- Breast and Endocrine surgery
- Facial Plastics and Cosmetic surgery
- Preoperative preparation of high risk patients.
Summary of Qualifications
- University: MB BS (Hons) Sydney 1998
- Bpharm (Sydney)
- Anaesthetic qualifications: FANZCA 2005
- Awards: George Davidson medal for Anaesthesia 2005
- Astra Zeneca Regional Anaesthesia Award 2004
- Harold Ritchie Clinical Medicine Prize 1997
- Cedric Swanton Memorial Prize for Psychiatry 1996.
- Visiting Anaesthetist Norwest Private Hospital
- Visiting Anaesthetist The Mater Private Hospital
- Visiting Anaesthetist Sydney Adventist Hospital
- Visiting Anaesthetist Hunters Hill Hospital
- Visiting Anaesthetist Prince of Wales Private Hospital